We’re almost at the publication day for Issue 4 of Shiny New Books, which will go live on Thursday. Due entirely to my own miscalculations, I’ve been lashed to the keyboard for several days now, typing and typing and typing. I think I’ll get everything done – just. But inevitably my mind wanders to the distant future lying at the end of the week, and all I’ll then be able to do….
1. I’ll be catching up on the virtual conversations that I’ve abandoned this week. There were several ongoing that I had to drop out of, once I’d looked at my to-do list. In one, I was right in the middle of throwing my psychological prowess around *cough* and David, I’ll be back. (Bet you can’t wait!)
2. I’ll be reading Nabokov’s Speak, Memory for a new virtual friend, Andy, and Ali Smith’s How To Be Both for one of my longest-standing virtual friends, Stefanie. I think they are going to be amazing books.
3. I might finally manage to review Siri Hustvedt’s novel, The Blazing World, and be able to change the books in my sidebar, which I’ve been looking at for more weeks than I care to think about.
4. And yes, Mr Litlove, I will restock the house with groceries. And maybe run the vacuum cleaner around, although between you and me, I’m hoping for a better offer to distract me by then.
5. I might even be able to respond to comments here, and leave comments on my blog friends’ sites. I did quite well with reading if not commenting up until last weekend, and now I don’t dare look at my feed reader.
Bear with me, dear friends. The new edition of Shiny is looking wonderful, so it will all be worth it in the end!